BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend Tidbit

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend, because I definitely did. I will write more about it later, but the one thing that stood out for me happened at Target. (I can hear you all sighing, thinking "JEEZZZ she talks about Target wayy too much.." but this is a good one, I promise!!) A man and his two daughters came up to my register and one little girl handed me a bag of carrots and told me they were hers. I said, "Oh really, you like carrots?" She smiled a huge smile and said, "Yes!! We dip them in hummus, its my favorite snack!" I could have hugged her father right then and there. It was really nice to hear this after seeing one too many meltdowns over soda and candy bars. And not one thing in their cart was unhealthy. And the kids were smiling, and fighting over who got to hold the carrots. So for the people who say kids won't eat healthy, it CAN'T be done, well.... I bring you the adorable blond girls, both under the age of five, who were at check lane 26 this past Saturday.

1 comments:

Shell said...

Awesome! It does happen!

My boys are great eaters. They do love sweets, but I let them have them sometimes b/c they eat EVERYTHING.