BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 5, 2010

No, I Didn't Use Drugs. Its The Maca.... Or The Greens... Or Something.

I woke up this morning feeling GREAT. I don't know if its the fact that I haven't worked at Target all week, or the smoothie I had before bed last night, or the maca powder in my smoothie this morning, but I'm a ball of energy right now. I'm never like this, (I mean, NEVER LIKE THIS,) so its a great feeling. If I could feel like this every day, my life would be complete. I'm thinking maybe I will do the green smoothies at night more often. I didn't put any maca or hemp protein in it last night, just fruit, spinach, peanut butter and chocolate. It was so good. I also had sprouted wheat toast with an avocado and tomato on top. Its one of my new favorite things :)

I was thinking about what I've been eating, and it dawned on me how drastically my diet has changed in the past few weeks. I always thought I was eating well because I would make sure to get as much organic foods as I could, but at the end of the day I still was not getting nearly enough fruit and vegetables. Since deciding to try to eat as Raw as possible, there is no way I don't get enough. Just this morning I had 6 pieces of fruit and a huge handful of kale in a smoothie. I had a salad for lunch, and I will probably have another smoothie for dinner. Its crazy. And if the energy that I have today is an indication that its finally paying off, then its totally worth it. I cannot explain how fabulous its been to not be so tired. Usually I'm dragging around at this point in the day, praying that 3:30 comes, and cursing Target because all I want to do is nap. Let me tell you, the LAST thing I want to do today is nap. I'm actually ok with going to Target because it will get me moving. (Provided my customers follow the rules I posted a couple of days ago, lol.) AND... sit down, I don't want to cause anyone to pass out... I think I am going to wake up early tomorrow, on a SATURDAY, and go to spinning before Target. That's right. I said it. I have Sunday off, and I plan to go to the gym again, but probably for an elliptical workout and some ab work. I used to have a 6 pack. I would like that back please. I am going to lunch Sunday afternoon with a friend for some very un-Raw Thai food, but its all good. I'm sure I will have a couple of smoothies to balance everything out.

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!

4 comments:

Leiah said...

I've been putting Chia in my green smoothies this week. I've noticed I'm full longer and have to remind myself to eat at noon. Do you eat Ezekiel bread? That's my fave - especially the Raisin bread with a little spun honey on it...yum! Guess now I need to read up on Maca 'cause it sounds like I should be adding that too. Thanks for the info!

Rachel said...

I saw the Chia seeds but I haven't tried them. Good to know for future reference. And I've never heard of that bread.. The kind I get is frozen sprouted bread from Whole Foods. I actually don't know what brand it is, but I really like it. That raisin one sounds good, I love raisin bread!

Unknown said...

I had sushi for dinner tonight. Does that count as raw?

AiringMyLaundry said...

Glad you are feeling so good :)