BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Rut

First things first. I am IN LOVE with the smoothie creation I made for breakfast. It was: 2 bananas, 1 mango, 2 kiwi, 1 handful of kale, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, and then of course hemp protein powder and maca powder. It tastes like peanut butter banana, which is one of my favorite snacks. Even J liked it, he asked me to save him a glass. He is usually a good sport and tastes the smoothies, but he has never asked for his own glass. Points for me :)
Now onto other things. I have come to the realization in the past week that I have become LAZY. I was not really aware of this because before the second job, I was going to the gym at least 3 times a week. Then when I started the second job, I didn't have time for the gym but I was working 70 hours a week and therefore I was justified in spending my 2 nights off a week in bed, catching up on sleep. Now, last week and this week I have only been working 3 days at Target. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This gives me 4 nights off, and what have I been doing? Running some errands after work, and then going home and right into bed for a nap, dinner, shower, back to bed for the night. Why am I not cleaning my house? Why am I not going back to the gym? I don't know. Yesterday I wanted to go, but my body had a mind of its own, and before I knew it I was waking up at 7:15, already in pj's, and then in a bad mood for the rest of the night because I felt so lazy but wasn't motivated to do anything about it. So I have a tentative plan. Today after work J and I have to go to the bank. When I get home, I am going to CLEAN MY HOUSE. It really needs it. Tomorrow and Saturday I have to work, but I have Sunday off. So Sunday, I am getting my ass to the gym. And hopefully Monday night as well. I have a wedding coming up in April and a general NEED to lose about 20 pounds, and its not going to happen by laying around watching Grey's all night every night. I mean, the gym has TV's on each cardio machine. I can watch Grey's there. Its not the end of the world.
I hope that by posting this here, I will be forced to do exactly what I said I would do. I guess we will see tomorrow if I started. I'll see if I wake up to a clean house.

3 comments:

Will Burke said...

It's all about the accountability, eh?

Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said...

love smoothies, haven't had one since last summer...I should start making them again ;)

Rachel said...

Yes Will, you are totally right. I've just been so lazy, and I know I'm lazy, but I don't do anything about it. But tomorrow I am waking up and going to spinning, so maybe that will change soon!