BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 25, 2010

What Are You Drinking??

Hello everyone :)  I hope you all had a good Friday.  Mine is a REALLY good one, because not only do I not work at Target tonight, I don't need to go in tomorrow till 4!!  So it truly feels like a "Friday" to me, and not just another day.  I did of course work at my full time job today, and it went by fairly quickly.  I didn't have a lot of my own work to do, so I spent the day helping my boss with his grunt work.  I don't ever really want to be a manager, too much busy work, spreadsheets, and nonsense to do all day.
My older readers know that I started this position at my full time job back in January.  Before then, I had a position with the business-part of my company, with a small, close-knit team.  I worked with them for 2.5 years, and they were all pretty used to the stuff I ate, and were curious, and sometimes wanted to try it.  My new team, now on the IT side of the building, is a much bigger team, less close, and looks at me sometimes like I have 2 heads for what I bring in to eat.

Case in point...




                                          (Sorry for the dirty stove, I promise it's clean now lol.)

I have one of these most mornings of the week.  A much larger version, it usually fills a travel mug, and has some variety of fruit, powders, and spinach or kale.  I have been in my department now for 6 months, and people are finally letting their curiosity get the better of them, so I have been recently asked by a lot of people.. "What on earth are you drinking?"  I think it's hilarious.  I always ask if they just noticed that I bring this in all the time, and they usually say no, they have noticed for a while, but never wanted to ask.  I tell them, they usually get a grossed out look, smile politely, and walk away surely thinking, she's crazy.  I have posted about green smoothies before, I started drinking them during my raw experiment and never looked back.  I really like them a lot.  Mine usually contain some combination of the following: banana, strawberries, blueberries, mango, kiwi, spinach, kale, hemp protein powder, maca powder, raw chocolate powder, peanut butter, vanilla extract... one time I even put canned pumpkin in, added cinnamon and nutmeg, and it was pretty decent.  I have had them with all those fruits at once, and some with just spinach, banana, peanut butter and water.  I drink them because I really dislike cooked spinach, and I will put way more greens into a smoothie than I will into a salad.  Plus, who wouldn't want to get most of their veggie servings out of the way in the morning, and have it all taste like fruit? 
Sadly, this morning I had oatmeal.  Plain Jane, I know.  I jazzed it up with a half pint of blueberries and some cottage cheese, but then I realized tonight that I didn't get any greens today.  So..




This would be salad with spinach, kale, an apple, and some grated cheddar cheese, all drizzled with Annie's Goddess dressing.  Usually I like my salads with a lot more "stuff," but its so hot and I'm not all that hungry.  Plus, I made more guacamole and its chillin in the fridge, so I need room for that later!
Anyway, I am off to watch some Bethany Getting Married.. Lord knows I love me some Real Housewives and anything Housewives-related!  Tomorrow I am thinking I may wake up early to beat the heat for a run, and then off to the pool before work.  I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

10 comments:

Candance said...

That salad looks good and I don't even like fruit in my food. Does that make sense? Like, I don't like grapes and nuts in tuna. I like eggs and pickles. I don't know. It looks good and makes me feel pretty bad about the Oreos I had earlier.

Oh yeah, and, because of you and your Blizzard I had one on Wednesday. I'd craved one since I read your post, but after I took NJ to work, then went back to work because he'd realized he forgot whatever he forgot, the DQ would be closed. Every night. So Wednesday? I went large. I haven't been right since.

Nikosmommy said...

That's a good lookin' salad! I actually love a load of different stuff in my salads...the more nuts, cheese, beans, avocado etc. the better!!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I'd eat the salad.

The smoothie, no thank you.

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

love the comment you left me tonite :)

bethany--i have 2 episodes on my dvr to watch, cant wait! i loved the 1st one and cant wait for the rest!

Will Burke said...

That was your stove? Thank God -- I thought you sneaked into my house to take a picture of your smoothy. I take it back; you're not a weirdo after all!

Brittany @ A Healthy Slice of Life said...

I do love sneaking veggies in a smoothie- brilliant!

I haven't seen any of Bethanny gets Married yet, but I do think she's pretty funny, so I look forward to it :)

Anonymous said...

haha girl I get weird looks too. They're just jealous that you're enjoying foods that will make you live longer ;)

I had to do a double take on the salad cuz I thought you were still talking about oatmeal!

Shell said...

I need someone to make me one of those smoothies and just not tell me what is in it.

Anonymous said...

oh yaaaaa- LOVING the housewives :) Know you are not alone in your addiction- lol!!
I have heard a bunch of good things about that dressing- I'm curious to try it.

Lisa (I'm an Okie) said...

I have actually never watched ANY of the housewives stuff. Im kind of glad though--I dont need another TV addiction. I've already got plentY! :)

Salads look good. I havent brought a green monster to work yet..I should though. Im sure my coworkers would get a kick out of it!