Wednesday, May 11, 2011

That's What She Said

It's almost the WEEKEND!!!  My friends and I were just talking at work today about how time seems to be zipping by lately.  I feel like even if a day drags by, the week is gone in a flash.  And the weekend is gone even faster.  Not that I've been dragging at work lately.. I've been super busy.  The past two days I've needed to stay about a half hour late each day, but that's ok.  I really hate being slow and bored at work and that's how it's been the past couple of months.  I'm liking being busy, it makes the time go by so much faster and I don't get bored and sleepy.  Let's hope the workload keeps up!

I got to work early this morning due to waking up with a bad headache and missing my workout :(  I decided to just go ahead and come in, that way I could leave early.  (Silly me, since I ended up staying till my regular time.)  Breakfast was my pseudo vanilla yogurt mess and some hot tea.

It was good, but not as good as Chobani.  Have I mentioned that I MISS vanilla chobani??  And yes, that is tea and not coffee.  All that I had was the ghetto office coffee which only tastes good with creamer.  Note to self: replenish green tea stash asap.

Literally right after I was done eating, one of those "I love my job" moments happened. I work with some pretty hilarious people, mainly the 4 managers of my department.  It's funny actually because I used to work for the "business" before I came to the IT side, and my impression of IT before the move was that it was stuffy, boring, and quiet.  MAN was I wrong.  The guys who run my department are some of the funniest people I've met.  It doesn't matter that they are managers, no joke is off limits.  I remember saying that a requirement document was the biggest I've ever seen, and my boss immediately replied with "That's what she said."  Anyway, I was walking back from breakfast when I saw paperwork on my desk that I knew needed manager signature.  I grabbed it and walked into the lab where 3 of the managers were standing around talking seriously and quietly.  I didn't want to interrupt but I also knew the paperwork was time sensitive, so I kind of walked up slowly to wait for a break in the conversation to grab a signature.  As I got closer, I heard this:  "But why is it always a phone booth?  He never changes anywhere else.."  Yeah.  They were talking about superman.  Sorry to interrupt guys..

The morning flew by and it was time for lunch.  It was not good.

Don't buy this.  I only ate about half.  It's the first TJ's find that's disappointed me but honestly I didn't have super high expectations of what was essentially a classy version of ramen.  I supplemented with some snap peas and an apple and went back to work.  Lame.

Now that the day is over, I'm trying to get rid of the headache that I've had on and off all week.  It prevented me from going to the gym today and I'm not happy about that.  I'm determined to get up tomorrow headache-free and go.  It's bodypump tomorrow and I hate missing that class!  Bedtime for this girl, nite peeps :)


Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Haha, sounds like a fun place to work!
That Pad Thai looks promising in the box....sorry it didn't turn out well!